Thursday, July 12, 2007

How Funny!

I thought this was funny how God just put it right there.

OK so like 2 weeks ago I dedicated my life to the Lord and was reading the Bible every night but it's so hard to understand and let alone read. I've been reading one chapter of Proverbs a night. So I prayed before I read Proverbs 2, Lord please help me understand Your Word better and be able to read it and not sound like I'm speaking a different language. Then right after I'd said my prayer I read the first five verses and couldn't believe my eyes. God answered my question right there. It says the way to understanding is to keep reading it. So I just thought that was hilarious! lol yep....

Anywho, today I went to the dentist and I'm about to get my hair cut after like 2 months.
I can't wait till Roger's!!!!!! It's gonna be so awesome. And Mr. Chuck is going to take whoever wants to, down to somewhere in south Oklahoma and help pass out tracks and help a pastor do somethings at a newly started church. I'm excited about that too.
Love you guys and miss ya!!:D

1 comment:

Church Family said...

I've really been working on my devotional life too. Believe it or not, this will be a constant struggle your whole life. I guess if you really work on being disciplined now you won't have such a hard time with it later. I've been using a book called "How to Study the Bible" by Rick Warren. The first way to study is the devotional style which is basically you asking a bunch of questions about the passage. You are right though, it is important to pray and ask God to speak to you. It's more than just reading the bible it's meditating and applying it to your life. That's the hard part. I've done pretty good for a week or so (before it was hit or miss). I'm hoping that my attidude toward it can remain that I can't function without "eating" spiritually (if you know what I mean). I'm so exctited for you in your Christian walk. Make sure you know what you believe for you and that your faith is your own. Know why you believe what you believe so when your faith is questioned (and it will be) you will have the assurance and the answers.

Ok, enough advise!!! Love ya, Amanda