Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Me!

School has been great! I went to the State swim meet which was amazing and got 16th (haha) in my relay. It doesn't sound very good, but it's good for such a small team. I started track 2 weeks ago. It was really fun but I kept getting really sore. Wednesday of last week I went to the doctor cause I didn't feel good and we found out I have mono. I was really sad cause I don't get to do track at all. But God puts things in our lives for a reason. Actually, without track I'll have more time to focus on raising money for camp and LTIA! I am soooooooo excited for this summer. LTIA is first in the middle of June. We get to go to DC and do some lobbying (I think that's how you spell it) and learn all about how to witness and be a great testimony for God. I'm hoping it will be well worth the fundraising! We're going to sell t shirts, do a bake sale, and maybe some other stuff. So if you have any ideas for raising money then I would really appreciate it! Any ways, right after that we (mom and dad are going!) are going to a new camp in Texas. It costs like twice as much but Bro. Chuck said it's well worth the money. He taught at the camp last year and I'm excited to see the humungo water slide! A couple weeks ago I got to go to winter jam with my youth and it was the best concert I've been to. Toby Mac and Brandon Heath were there. I saw this new singer that has become one of my favorite named Francesca B. She's an amazing singer and I love her songs. Well I'd better go get ready for church. We're studying John on Wednesday night and I've learned A LOT about Jesus' life! Love, ABSTER!

1 comment:

Amanda Church said...

Hi Abby, glad you are doing good. Glad to see you are learning that sometimes things happen in your life that are out of your control but that God is always in control! When we had kids that were trying to raise money we would do work days for people in the church that would donate money for them (like doing spring cleaning, washing windows, yard work, etc.).