Friday, June 6, 2008

Ceder Hills Baptist Camp

This has been a BUSY week. The speaker, Bro. Blair Nelson was an amazing speaker and I felt like during every message he was talking right to me. My favorite message was on the publican and pharisee. The man looks on the outward appearance when God is the only one who knows how our hearts really are ,whether like the Pharisee or Publican. I also loved the message on staying pure because as I'm going to public high school next year I needed that reminder that this God's creation so we need to honor him with the things we do. This week, I met a lot of new friends which was lots of fun. I also had fun playing basketball and volleyball. All was the normal until the last night (weather wise). When we woke up thursday morning, there were 40 mph winds which was not fun with all the dirt in our eyes. Later, at noon during chapel the power kept going on and off. Then later that night at night chapel Bro. Nelson prayed that if it was His will, that the Lord could hold off the weather. And you know what? After having regular power outages all day, we didn't have ONE single one at all in the two and a 1/2 hours of message and invitation. That's not even the best part. This morning, during our last service, Bro. Fowler told us that he was watching Gary England (Amanda knows who he is) and he said he had never seen anything like it before. Really bad weather was heading right towards Binger (which is where we were) and all of a sudden, right before it got to Binger, it just stopped and headed east. God is so good! This week has been such a blessing. Here are a few pictures of the week.

This is the group right before church camp. You can tell cause if it was after we would all have huge bags under our eyes and some would probably be asleep. :)

This is Ms. Heather, my counselor. She was a great testimony during camp.

This is Charity Gerred. She is my camp counselor's daughter. She was a great buddy through out the week :)

This is our junior boys playing b-ball. They lost :(. That's ok to us girls but they were pretty frustrated lol.

This is me singing my solo. I sang Broken and Spilled Out. I love that song cause it has a great message that we should give our all to the Lord.

2 comments:

Tammie and Kevin said...

Looks like you had a great time! God is really awesome and He can do such awesome things - It never ceases to amaze me!

Hope you have a great summer...talk with ya real soon. Love ya, Amanda

Church Family said...

and here I go again....that comment wasn't from Tammie :)